The ScrumMaster is expected to achieve project objectives and completion on time, on budget, and in conformance to IT methodologies and practices. This position manages multiple competing objectives, prioritizes, and communicates complex technical information in clear and unambiguous terms to management and end user personnel. Candidates should have a proven track record of successful project management; experience estimating, project tracking, and resource management. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate to all stake holders.
- Organize and facilitate project chartering, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, iteration and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Communicate with management, architects, developers, testers, product managers, infrastructure and production support on product deliverables and issues.
- Maintain relevant metrics that guide the development team to become more efficient in their processes and work. Communicate team velocity and iteration/release progress.
- Responsible for building the team, commitment towards achieving iteration objectives and viewing team needs above everything else.
- Provide timely project status updates to management, initiating escalation processes when necessary.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and transparency/visibility.
- Identify and remove barriers to work, prevent distractions.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution. Empower the team to self-organize.
- Provide coaching to staff with management guidance.
- Collaborate with the technology manager to forecast resource needs.
- Provide feedback into project team performance with a special focus on agile competencies.
- Drive continuous improvement within the team and department by putting retrospective feedback into action.
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments.
- Bachelor's degree with a major Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years in delivering software products and 3+ years in a Scrum Master or similar role.
- 2 years of Team Foundation Server(TFS) experience. Managing work items and creating/maintaining reports for team and management.
- Certified ScrumMaster preferred or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable communicating with development teams, Product Owners and Senior Management.
- Effective facilitation and conflict resolution skills - must be able to facilitate discussion of multiple options and drive resolution.
- Solid to expert understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Prior success in building effective Scrum Teams and transforming team culture to deliver exceptional value to customers through the use of Agile practices.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as delegated.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment both locally and with other geographical locations.
- Positive attitude, independent problem solver and fast learner.
- High level of personal accountability demonstrated by commitment, resiliency and drive to help the team achieve deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interface with business customers and team members.
Who We Are
We are a software company that strives to build relationships through the delivery of software and solutions. Agile software development is at the heart of "how we work", which allows us to bring people together for strong collaboration and problem solving.
What We Do
We provide enterprise-level agile coaching and development services. The Da Vinci Agile Coaching model is built on four pillars that ensure successful adoption and scale across an organization. The enterprise framework we have built supports this foundation through recognition of, and integration with, legacy processes.
We passionately believe "how we work" is the intangible our developers demonstrate for our clients every day. Our high-performing team members provide leadership and chemistry on your teams. We provide architects, developers and testers that enjoy accountability, team success and delivering meaningful products.